PrimoBurner 3.5.1 has been released
We have added sample projects for Visual Studio 2010 and .Net 4.0 support, as well as number of other enhancements.
- 1711 Windows: Convert PrimoBurner libraries (AudioCD, DataCD, DiscCopy, hpCDE, VideoDVD) to single dynamic library called PrimoBurner.dll. The new PrimoBurner dynamic library does not depend on any C/C++ runtime libraries.
- 1710 Windows: Static libraries are no longer included with the OEM and Enterprise distributions.
- 1705 Windows: Sample projects for VC 2010.
- 1704 Windows: PrimoAudio library is renamed to AudioBlocks. PrimoAudio.h is renamed to AudioBlocks.h.
- Windows: PrimoBurner now supports only two character sets – UTF-16 (also known as just Unicode) and UTF-8.These could be linked into client projects regardless of whether “Treat wchar_t is built-in type” setting is ON or OFF.
The PrimoBurner libraries are:
UTF-16 – PrimoBurner.dll (32-bit) and PrimoBurner64.dll (64-bit)
UTF-8 - PrimoBurnerUtf8.dll (32-bit) and PrimoBurner64Utf8.dll (64-bit)
The following header files are deprecated:
hpCDE.h file is replaced by PrimoBurner.h
hpCDEUtf8.h is replaced by PrimoBurnerUtf8.h
* Linux: libhal, libdbus, libspeexdsp
- 1707: .NET: Create .NET 4.0 wrapper. Add Visual Studio 2010 sample projects.
C/C++ Runtime (CRT) Dependencies
- PrimoBurner.NET libraries now have targets for CLR2 and CLR4 and instead of the .NET framework versions.
- PrimoBurner.clr2.dll (32bit) and PrimoBurner.clr2.x64.dll (64bit) target CLR2.
- PrimoBurner.clr4.dll (32bit) and PrimoBurner.clr4.x64.dll (64bit) target CLR4.
- The clr2 assemblies depend on either VC80 or VC90 CRT. PrimoBurner.clr2 assemblies with VC80 CRT dependency replace the former PrimoBurner.NET.2.0 assemblies. PrimoBurner.clr2 assemblies with VC90 CRT dependency replace the former PrimoBurner.NET.3.0 and PrimoBurner.NET.3.5 assemblies.
- The clr2 assemblies that depend on VC80 CRT are to be used in .NET 2.0 projects.
- The clr2 assemblies that depend on VC90 CRT are to be used in .NET 3.0 and .NET 3.5 projects.
- The clr4 assemblies that depend on VC100 CRT are to be used in .NET 4.0 projects.
PrimoBurner.clr4.dll and PrimoBurner.clr4.x64.dll that are installed with PrimoBurner.3.5.1.CLR4.VC100 and PrimoBurner_x184.108.40.206.CLR4.VC100 setup packages, use Microsoft.VC100.CRT.
PrimoBurner.clr2.dll and PrimoBurner.clr2.x64.dll, that are installed with PrimoBurner.3.5.1.CLR2.VC90 and PrimoBurner_x220.127.116.11.CLR2.VC90 setup packages use Microsoft.VC90.CRT, version 9.0.30729.4148.
For more information and download links, please go to VC90 CRT
PrimoBurner.clr2.dll and PrimoBurner.clr2.x64.dll, that are installed with PrimoBurner.3.5.1.CLR2.VC80 and PrimoBurner_x18.104.22.168.CLR2.VC80 setup packages use Microsoft.VC80.CRT, version 8.0.50727.4053.
For more information and download links, please go to VC80 CRT
The PrimoBurner SDK setup packages (MSI) already include and install the appropriate CRT. However when the PrimoBurner.NET assembly is deployed via different means (not through the PrimoBurner SDK setup), the correct version of the CRT must be installed on the target machine. One way to achieve this is to install the VC++ redistributable components (vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe) along with your application.